Monday, August 6, 2007

2 Things

1... I started looking for a good, simple tomato sauce recipe & came across this blog:
Hedonia
And instead of looking up their sauce recipe I became enthralled with the "eatsdropper" posts. These are overheard conversations/comments that are bizarre or just jaw-dropping ignorant. I loved it! I was giggling until I came across the eatsdroppings (eeww - that sounds nasty) from 7/10. I laughed out loud at the final overheard comment (and the comments from visitors who have also read that post).

Of course I had to try it... But mine smell like dirty grass.
HA HA!! Now you are going to have to click the link to find out what the hell I'm talking about.

2. Yesterday evening Cliff called to see what was up & ask if we were being swarmed by dragonflies. At the time Cole was just finishing up with mowing and the air was filled only with the relentless chirping of a variety of birds. But within half an hour of shutting off the mower the dragonflies appeared.

There were hundreds of huge dragonflies - swooping high and low over the yard. They were eating the little bugs rising out of the bean fields & fresh cut grass. The kids and I walked out into the swarm & we could hear the dry rattle of the mid air collisions of dragonflies. It was amazing! I took a few pictures and in the first one I highlighted the visible bugs in the air (the ones low enough to be on a backdrop of grass weren't visible in the photos) they only give a vague idea of how many insects were filling our yard.

1 comment:

seantimberlake said...

Hmmm ... maybe you should sprinkle some Fritos around your lawn? :-)